Hiring a Writer/Editor for BoomTowner
What is BoomTowner?
BoomTowner is a website for people looking to find creative jobs, launch startups or spot new trends in fast-growing Asian cities. Our blog publishes daily content for people looking for opportunities across the region. The platform also includes a jobs portal, which lists jobs and internships at exciting organisations.
We’re looking for an editor
We are searching for an experienced and entrepreneurial journalist to drive the vision for BoomTowner. Our ideal candidate will have worked for a top publication or blog in Asia, and now be ready to take the reins of a digital venture backed by an international team.
- Spotting great stories, people and trends to cover on the site
- Writing and editing engaging and shareable headlines and articles
- Building a network of distinctive editorial contributors across Asia
- Sourcing great photos for the site
- Spotting opportunities for graphics and data visualisation, and working with designers to produce great-looking materials
- Using social media tools and platforms to engage audiences and grow traffic
- Ensuring high standards of accuracy and fairness, crediting of sources, and appropriate licensing for all content on the site
Does this sound like you?
- At least three years of experience as a reporter/editor for a leading publication
- Ability to uncover great stories and write top-notch content
- Appetite to drive the direction and growth of a digital startup
- Good knowledge of using SEO, content marketing and analytics tools to produce relevant and discoverable content
- Passion for using social media to engage and grow audiences
- Comfortable using WordPress and the latest digital publishing tools
- Experience of business journalism and reporting across Asia is desirable
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Knowledge of best practices in journalism, blogging and photo sourcing
Finding the ‘story’
The editor will build relationships with trendsetting companies, recruiters and entrepreneurs in cities across Asia, and use the insights they uncover to create great posts. They will conduct interviews with companies who are hiring, profile exciting new startups and ventures, and put together informative articles that help people find opportunities that are right for them.
Examples of stories we’re interested in
- Uber continues its greater China hiring spree with job openings in 12 second-tier cities: Click here
- 5 reasons to move your startup to Southeast Asia: Click here
- Reforms open up opportunities in Chinese asset management: Click here
- Twitter is increasing its focus on Asia after making a spate of new hires: Click here
- Foreign entrepreneurs jump into India’s start-up mix: Click here
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and a recent writing sample to Arjun Jassal at firstname.lastname@example.org